Servings? 6-10 Cooking Time? 3 hrs and 30 mins Breadmaker Recipe
What you need?
- 350ml water
- 500g plain white flour or bread flour
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 25g butter, diced
- 1 tsp dried yeast
How to cook it?
- Note that bread makers vary, so please add the ingredients to the bread tin in the order specified in your instruction booklet if it is different to the order list above.
- Add the ingredients to the bread tin. Make sure when you pour in the flour it is covering the water completely. Add the remaining ingredients in.
- For the yeast, make a small indent in the centre of the mix and add there.
- Close the lid, turn on the machine, select Basic Bread, select 1000g size loaf, and choose your loaf color. My preference is for medium darkness.
- Click to Start.
Tips? This recipe also works without the milk powder if you do not have any. If you live in a tropical country like I do, in Thailand, make sure once your bread has finished baking that you remove it within a couple of hours so that it doesn’t get sweaty.
You can slice your bread up and store in the freezer for the month and when you heat it up to eat, it will be just as fresh.