Servings? 4-6 people (9 inch diameter) Cooking Time? 60 mins
- Pie Crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Butter (for frying)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 100 g Shitake mushroom (or any other mushroom)
- 1 head Broccoli
- Cubed Feta Cheese
- Ground Parmesan cheese
- 100 g quartered Smoked Salmon
How to cook it?
- Preheat your medium sized oven to 250 degrees, with rack in lowest position.
- In a medium pot, boil chunks of broccoli and chopped asparagus in simmering hot water for 1-2 mins to soften and drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped broccoli, asaparagus and mushroom.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally while cooking for approx. 5 minutes and then remove from heat, setting aside to cool.
- Take the pie crust out of the fridge and roll it onto the pie dish.
- In another medium sized bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Now, add to piece dish, the cooked vegetables scattering them evenly throughout the dish.
- Pour in the egg mix and add cubes of feta cheese, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle cubed Smoked salmon.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 mins. But check regularly as you may need to drop heat down to 175 degrees.
Tips? The quiche making principle will always be the same, however you can replace the filling with any vegetables, meat, or cheese that you like. This dish is a good way to use up produce and vegetables you have left in your fridge. Another one I’ll be making tomorrow is bacon, caramelized onion, and blue cheese quiche. Just have fun with this dish!