Servings? 2 people Cooking Time? 30 mins
What you need?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves sliced garlic
- 1 sliced small onion
- 1 canned tuna in oil
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 7-8 chopped holy basil leaves
How to cook it?
- Boil water with some rock salt in a large pot until simmering, and add penne to cook for about 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add sesame seeds on high heat and toast for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally until golden brown then set aside in small bowl.
- In the saucepan, now add butter on medium high heat.
- When well heated, add garlic and onions, stirring occasionally until slightly aromatic.
- Stir in drained canned tuna and add 1/4 cup of penne boiling water to the saucepan and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Drop in 2/3 of the total grated Parmesan cheese into the saucepan and 1/3 of the toasted sesame seeds, season with some salt and turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add a knob of butter to it before pouring into the serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the serving bowl, drizzle some Parmesan, chopped holy basil, and toasted sesame before serving.
Tips? If you want the pasta not to get dry quickly after serving, drizzle a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil over it. Add more or less sesame or holy basil depending on your preference. This pasta dish has a fresh fusion-y taste to it and is not too heavy but is filling.