Servings? 2 people Cooking Time? 20 mins
What you need?
- 2 bunches of thick stalks of asparagus
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Rock salt
- 4 eggs
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook it?
- Wash and drain the 2 bunches of asparagus.
- Cut off the bottom 1.5-2 inches of the asparagus stalks.
- Boil water in a medium sized pan until simmering, add asparagus for 2-3 mins, then remove.
- In a medium sized pan, add olive oil and butter on medium high heat.
- Add in the drained asparagus flat onto the pan’s surface.
- Sprinkle with rock salt and cover with a lid for 2-3 mins.
- Crack eggs across the surface of the layer of asparagus and cover with lid for 1-2 mins until the eggs are almost cooked.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the eggs and cover with lid to melt the cheese for another 1-2 mins.
- Serve in a semi-deep pie dish, with a side of toast.
Tips? If you have fresh truffle or truffle oil, or sage leaves it could also add a twist to the dish. Add more or less butter depending on your preference.